Monday, March 12, 2007

cycle 8: episode 3

If you watch closely there will be a bit of foreshadowing coming up. This episode opens with the girls gathered in various cliques about the house. Some in the kitchen. Others in the hot tub or their bedrooms. Then there is Samantha. And Samantha is talking about how she is kind of shy and quiet. She know she keeps to herself and she enjoys writing in her journal.It’s time for a runway challenge. And the girls meet Ms. J. on a high school football field. Ms. J. tramps onto the field as the drum major of a marching band. It’s gotta be fun to be Ms. J, getting to play dress-up at least five times every episode. During the teach he’s dressed a Catholic school girl, complete with little girl braids and plastic barrettes. The challenge consists of a highly involved series of criss-crosses and marks to hit on the track around the field that is their runway. Here the tension begins. Basically, Renee doesn’t like anyone who makes her see herself in a less favorable light. At the top of her list is Jaslene, or “Little Miss Cha Cha Diva”. Most of the girls miss their marks and crash into one another like Tomas Scheckter with his ride on the line.Inside the high school gym the girls are greeted by runway show producer, Roy Campbell, who explains that the girls will be participating in a prom fashion show for the students and parents of the high school. Each will be modeling fashions from three genres; contemporary, eighties, and Ghetto Fabulous!Man, Jaslene had been taking the Melrose pills and chased them down with a shot of Jade. Tone it down girl. You’re doing great. You’re golden. But no body wants to hear you talk about it. And when you mess up you look silly. Bring it down a notch. And don’t give Renee any ammo.Whitney has a flouncy walk. And by that I mean everything is flouncy.Brittany is so cute. She worked it. I mean that girl got out there and worked!Renee kind of sounds like Cameron Diaz. Have you noticed?Sarah finally performed the way I expected her to from the beginning, she has a great runway walk. However, one of her dresses was a low cut number that exposed her breasts more than twice...or even thrice. She went with, “I’m going to act like this is not bothering me and just show ‘em off and work it.” Which would have probably been the right thing to do if she wasn't flashing a room full of minors.
While we’re on the catwalk Sarah’s chest decides to be exposed to all the high school children and their parents. I thought it was very liberating for her and I was so proud that she got to experience that next to me.
-Jael
Cassandra is really growing on me. I think she's kind of the sleeper model. I think she's going to slowly move to the front of the pack while no one is noticing. Her nose is so wrong it's right. After the fashion show Roy runs down his critique. He tells Renee she wasn’t that great and didn’t keep up with the chorography. She’s all, “Whatever, the crowd loved me so I’m not worried.”
And then…Jaslene is all ready to be told that she is the princess of all runway models in the history of runway modeling. So the look on her face when Roy basically told her she sucks was priceless. I think his exact words were, “you were lost.” He then announces the challenge winner: BRITTANY! Yeah Brittany!


She won a ridonculis trophy.
- Whitney

At the photo shoot, which also takes place at the high school, Jay Manuel assigned “high school clichés” to each girl.

Poor virginal (nothing wrong with that!) Samantha is assigned “the girl with the bad reputation”. You know, the school slut. And try as she might, she just doesn’t have that in her.

Renee complains and complains and complains about being assigned the role of “class clown”. “I wish I could get something I was good at!” Later she bemoans, “If you’re going to take one girl out of her element you need to take all the girls out of their element.” I don't care what Miss Tyra says, Felicia does kind of look like her. Dianna is still not wowing me the way I expected her to at the beginning. Dionne's shot is right on. Good job. Natasha not so good understand the English. But here I have to take issue with Mr. Jay. He could do a better job of explaining things when the girls are struggling with the roles they are to play. I don't feel he tries to find a way to re-word what is obviously not coming across the first time. I mean you’ve got Natasha, and she not been in country long and she run ‘round with Boris try to catch moose and squir-rel, and…No wait. I’ve got her confused with someone else. Sorry.The bottom two are Natasha and Samantha. Sadly it was Samantha’s picture not in Tyra’s hands. And I am crestfallen. I had high hopes for our little Samantha. And her eyebrows. I wanted to see her grow. Natasha…ehhh, not so much. America's Next Top Model

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally I've caught up in the Top Model World. So not liking renee. Not at all. Nope. Don't like her. Did i mention I don't like renee? She's a little Melrose but I liked Melrose because she was decent at least. Maybe more Jade. I don't know. She's annoying. Don't like her.